- Intramodal registration
- Robust, high-quality registration of two volumes. They are aligned according to a least-squares criterion, which is well-suited to intramodal registration tasks. Several deformation models are available:
1) Translation (it is possible to specify along which axes);
2) Rotation (it is possible to specify around which axes);
3) Isometric scaling;
4) Any combination of 1-3;
5) Affine transformation (which can be restricted to some dimensions if desired; a typical restriction would happen when registering images instead of volumes);
6) Contrast adjustment (experimental, can be disengaged).
Robustness is achieved by the use of a multiresolution approach.
High-quality results from the use of cubic-spline interpolation.
This tool is provided as a set of ANSI-C sources, which means it is NOT plug-and-play. Programmation skills are required to attach the ANSI-C routine to whichever system you happen to use.
You'll be free to use this software for research purposes, but you
should not redistribute it without our consent. In addition, we expect
you to include a citation or acknowlegment whenever you present or
publish results that are based on it.
- NIfTI-1 support
- Philippe Thévenaz
- How to get
- Current version
- Current version release date
- April 8, 2002
- Open source
- Available free of charge
- ANSI-C compiler + any external image-processing package to which C-libraries can be attached
- Technical publications
- P. Thévenaz and M. Unser, "A Pyramid Approach to Subpixel Registration Based on Intensity," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 27-41, January 1998.
P. Thévenaz, U.E. Ruttimann and M. Unser, "Iterative Multi-Scale Registration without Landmarks," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Processing, Washington, DC, USA, October 23-26, 1995, vol. III, pp. 228-231.
M. Unser, A. Aldroubi and C.R. Gerfen, "A Multiresolution Image Registration Procedure Using Spline Pyramids," Proc. SPIE, San Diego, CA, USA, July 15-16, 1993, vol. 2034, Mathematical Imaging: Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing, pp. 160-170.
- Applications publications
- Other information
- intramodal, registration, spline, volume, warping
- (Any), HPUX, IDL, IRIX, Linux, MacOS, MATLAB, SunOS, UNIX, Windows
- IATR listing last updated
- 24 Sep 2005
There are no user reviews for this tool.