This tool supports
- LONI Debabeler
- The LONI Debabeler manages the conversion of imaging data between multiple file fomats
LONI Debabeler manages the conversion of imaging data from one file format and convention to another. It consists of a graphical user interface to visually program the translations, and a data translation engine to read, sort and translate the input files, and write the output files to disk. The data translation engine:
(1) Reads metadata from a set of image files on disk to identify the source that produced each file;
(2) Groups the image files into user-defined collections using image metadata values;
(3) Translates each image file collection by reading metadata and pixel data and mapping the data into the appropriate output file format through a programmable set of connected modules.
The Debabeler uses the Java Image I/O Plugin Architecture to read and write a wide variety of
common medical image file formats, including ANALYZE, MINC, and most variations of DICOM. Debabeler is a robust and extensible tool that is useful for creating and customizing translations between file formats. A large number of file formats and a variety of translations are already supported, but the advantage of the visual programming environment is to make it easy to alter existing translations of the data.
- NIfTI-1 support
- The LONI Debabler distribution includes translations from many file formats to NIfTI-1.
- Scott C Neu
- Available to the research community free of charge.
- How to get
- Download the LONI Debabeler from http://www.loni.ucla.edu/Software/Software_Detail.jsp?software_id=11
- Current version
- Current version release date
- Open source
- Available free of charge
- Java 1.4.2 or above
- Technical publications
- Applications publications
- Other information
- BIRN, NA-MIC (NCBC), NIfTI-1 support
- IATR listing last updated
- 15 Jun 2007
There are no user reviews for this tool.