This tool is supported wholly or in part by
The Human Brain Project.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
- Caret (Computerized Anatomical Reconstruction and Editing Toolkit) is designed for interactively generating (segmenting), viewing, manipulating, registering, and analyzing surface reconstructions of the cerebral cortex. The Caret User's Guide contains detailed tutorials for segmentation generation, surface reconstruction, surface visualization, flattening, and registration using downloadable exemplar data sets.
- NIfTI-1 support
- David Van Essen, John Harwell, Heather Drury, & Donna Hanlon
- John Harwell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- How to get
- Register at http://brainmap.wustl.edu/resources/caret_registration.html. After we receive your registration, we will e-mail the information needed to download the software.
- Current version
- Current version release date
- Open source
- Available free of charge
- Linux MacOSX Windows
- Technical publications
- For PDF versions of many of our publications, see http://brainmap.wustl.edu/resources/papers.html
David C. Van Essen, A Population-Average, Landmark- and Surface-based (PALS) atlas of human cerebral cortex, NeuroImage, In Press
Van Essen, D.C., Harwell, J., Hanlon, D, and Dickson, J., 2005. Surface-Based Atlases and a Database of Cortical Structure and Function. In, Databasing the Brain, From Data to Knowledge (Neuroinformatics. S.H. Koslow and S. Subramaniam, eds., John Wiley & Sons, NJ, pp. 369-388. Watkins KE, Paus T, Lerch JP, Zijdenbos A, Collins DL, Neelin P, Taylor J, Worsley KJ, Evans
Van Essen, D.C., 2002. Windows on the brain. The emerging role of atlases and databases in neuroscience. Curr. Op. Neurobiol. 12, 574-579.
Van Essen, D.C., Dickson, J., Harwell, J., Hanlon, D., Anderson, C.H. and Drury, H.A. 2001. An Integrated Software System for Surface-based Analyses of Cerebral Cortex. Journal of American Medical Informatics Association . (Special issue on the Human Brain Project. 8, 443-459.
- Applications publications
- For complete lists, see http://brainmap.wustl.edu/resources/papers.html
Van Essen, D.C., 2004a. Surface-based approaches to spatial localization and registration in primate cerebral cortex. NeuroImage (Supplement, Mathematics in Brain Imaging. 23, s97-s107.
Van Essen, D.C., 2004b. Organization of visual areas in Macaque and human cerebral cortex. In, The Visual Neurosciences. L. Chalupa and J.S. Werner, MIT Press, pp. 507-521.
Van Essen, D.C., 1997. A tension-based theory of morphogenesis and compact wiring in the central nervous system. Nature 385, 313-318.
- Other information
- atlas, functional, HBP supported, NIfTI-1 support, registration, segmentation, statistical, surface analysis, visualization, volume, warping
- Linux, MacOS, Windows
- IATR listing last updated
- 20 Jul 2006
This tool supports NIfTI-1.
There are no user reviews for this tool.