This tool supports
- Rview is a general purpose volume registration and data display tool developed for medical imaging applications. It supports multiple 3D slices with selectable interpolation, displays of contours, vectors and multiple sets of vectors on arbitrary 3D planes. Volume rendering and MIP are also included. There is also a significant manual segmentation tool for delineating structures in MRI data.
- NIfTI-1 support
- The current version of rview supports the reading of Nifti data formats (including where possible the correct orientation information). See manual page on formats for current details. Planned writing of nifti format is in the near future.
- Colin Studholme
- Yes, Free download via email request
- How to get
- See online instructutions on website
- Current version
- Current version release date
- May 2007
- Open source
- Free key file supplied by email
- Available free of charge
- Currently runs best under windows: XP, 95,98, ME. (Not tested with Vista yet.) No graphics hardware required.
- Technical publications
Main Registration Method Paper:
C.Studholme, D.L.G.Hill,D.J.Hawkes, An Overlap Invariant Entropy Measure of 3D Medical Image Alignment, Pattern Recognition, Vol 32(1), pp 71-86, Jan 1999.
D.L.G.Hill, C.R.Maurer Jr, C. Studholme, J.M. Fitzpatrick, D.J.Hawkes,Correcting Scaling Errors in Tomographic Images Using a Nine Degree of Freedom Registration Algorithm, J. Comput Assist Tomogr Vol 22 No 2, 1998, p317-323.
C.Studholme, D.L.G.Hill, D.J. Hawkes, Automated 3-D Registration of MR and CT Images of the Head, Medical Image Analysis , Vol. 1, Issue 2., June 1996 ,pp. 163-175,Oxford University Press.
C.Studholme, D.L.G.Hill, D.J. Hawkes, Automated Three-Dimensional Registration of Magnetic Resonance and Positron Emission Tomography Brain Images by Multiresolution Optimisation of Voxel Similarity Measures, Medical Physics, Vol. 24, No. 1, Jan 1997,pp. 25-35. American Institute of Physics.
- Applications publications
- Example papers that have used this tool for creation or display of results include:
P.J. Lewis, A. Siegel, A.M. Siegel, C. Studholme,J. Sojkova,D.W. Roberts,V.M. Thadani, K.L. Gilbert,T.M. Darcey, P.D. Williamson, Does Performing Image Registration and Subtraction in Ictal Brain SPECT Help Localize Neocortical Seizures, J. Nuc. Med., Oct 2000.
R.A. Avery, J.S. Francowicz, C. Studholme, C.H. van Dyck, A.F.T. Arnsten, The Alpha-2A-Adrenoreceptor Agonist, Guanfacine, Increases Regional Cerebral Blood Flow in Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex of Monkeys Performing a Spatial Working Memory Task, Neuropsychopharmacology, 2000, Vol 23, No 3.
C. Studholme, E. Novotny, I.G. Zubal, J.S. Duncan, Estimating Tissue Deformation Between Functional Images Induced by Intracranial Electrode Implantation Using Anatomical MRI, NeuroImage, Vol 13(4), pp 561-576, 2001.
C.Studholme, V. Cardenas, R. Blumenfeld, N. Schuff, H.J. Rosen, B. Miller, M. Weiner, A Deformation Tensor Morphometry Study of Semantic Dementia with Quantitative Validation, NeuroImage, Vol 21, pp 1387-1398, April 2004.
Bistra Iordanova, Daniel Rosenbaum, David Norman, Michael Weiner, Colin Studholme, MRI study of Neurodegeneration: A Robust Volumetric Parcellation Method of the Frontal Lobe Gyri with Quantitative Validation in Dementia Patients, AJNR, vol 27, pp 1747-1754, Sep 2006.
V. Cardenas, C. Studholme, S. Gazdzinski, T. Durazzo D. Meyerhoff, ``Deformation Based Morphometry of Brain Volume Changes During Recovery from Alcohol Dependence'', In Press, Neuroimage, 2007.
- Other information
- RView supports a number of important medical image formats, which makes it particularly useful in nuclear medicine. It also attempts to interpret image orientation where possible to allow automated registration and fusion of data acquired in different planes On going work to improve DICOM support and also NIFTI. Please check the website regularly for the current version!
- DICOM, Signa, CTI, ECAT, SMIS Picker, HDF, Interfi, NIfTI-1 support, registration, segmentation, surface analysis, visualization, volume
- planned native release on linux soon., Will run under wine., Windows
- IATR listing last updated
- 19 Jun 2007
There are no user reviews for this tool.