This tool is supported wholly or in part by
The Human Brain Project.
- Surface-Based Atlases
- Washington University School of Medicine
- Surface-based atlases of human, macaque, and mouse cerebral and cerebellar cortices developed in our laboratory can be downloaded by direct hyperlink connections to our WebSuMS database (see below) and can be viewed using our freely available Caret software. Each atlas contains a growing compendium of experimental data pertaining to the structural and functional organization of the cortices.
- NIfTI-1 support
- David Van Essen, Donna Hanlon, John Harwell, James Dickson, Heather Drury
- Donna Hanlon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- How to get
- go to www link above; log in as public, password guest
- Current version
- October, 2002
- Current version release date
- Open source
- Available free of charge
- Caret visualization software to view the atlases (http://brainmap.wustl.edu/caret -- available on IRIX, Linux, Solaris, and MacOSX).
- Technical publications
- Van Essen, D.C., Dickson, J., Harwell, J., Hanlon, D., Anderson, C.H. and Drury, H.A. 2001. An Integrated Software System for Surface-based Analyses of Cerebral Cortex. Journal of American Medical Informatics Association. 8:443-459 (Downloadable from our website).
- Applications publications
- Van Essen, D.C. Lewis, J.W,. Drury, H.A., Hadjikhani, N., Tootell, R.B.H., Bakircioglu, M. and Miller, M.I. (2001) Mapping visual cortex in monkeys and humans using surface-based atlases. Vision Research (special issue). (in press). Abstract or Full Text PDF (1.5M). NOTE: this color PDF file must be viewed with Acrobat 4.0 or 5.0. Download Acrobat 5.0 from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
Van Essen DC, Drury HA (1997) Structural and Functional Analyses of Human Cerebral Cortex Using a Surface-Based Atlas. J Neuroscience 17: 7079-7102.
- Other information
- atlas, functional, HBP supported, surface analysis, visualization, volume
- IRIX, Linux, MacOS, SunOS, UNIX
- IATR listing last updated
- 22 Sep 2005
There are no user reviews for this tool.