- DICOM Viewer
- DICOMscope is a free DICOM viewer which can display uncompressed, monochrome DICOM images from all modalities and which supports monitor calibration according to DICOM part 14 as well as presentation states. DICOMscope offers a print client (DICOM Basic Grayscale Print Management) which also implements the optional Presentation LUT SOP Class. The development of this prototype was commissioned by the "Committee for the Advancement of DICOM" and demonstrated at the European Congress of Radiology ECR 1999. An enhanced version was developed for the "DICOM Display Consistency Demonstration" at RSNA InfoRAD 1999. Release 3.5.1 was demonstrated at ECR 2001 and contained numerous extensions, including a print server, support for encrypted DICOM communication, digital signatures and structured reporting.
DICOMscope is not meant as a competition for commercial DICOM viewers. The application is rather a feasibility study for DICOM presentation states. Any use of the program in a clinical environment is not recommended.
- NIfTI-1 support
- OFFIS (Oldenburg, Germany), Institute for Microtherapy (Bochum, Germany), OTech, Inc. (Aubrey, TX, USA)
- dicom (at) offis.de
- How to get
- Download via web page or from ftp://dicom.offis.de/pub/dicom/offis/software/
- Current version
- Current version release date
- Open source
- BSD-like open source license
- Available free of charge
- Installation on Windows requires a Java Runtime (JRE 1.3 or newer) and Tcl/Tk version 8.3 or newer. Both software packages can be downloaded freely from the Internet.
Compiling DICOMscope from source code requires a C++ compiler and Java JDK 1.3.
- Technical publications
- Marco Eichelberg, Joerg Riesmeier, Klaus Kleber, Joerg Holstein, Herman Oosterwijk, Peter Jensch:
Consistency of Softcopy and Hardcopy: Preliminary Experiences with the new DICOM Extensions for Image Display
in: PACS Design and Evaluation: Engineering and Clinical Issues, G. James Blaine, Eliot L.Siegel, Editors, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 3980, pp. 57-67 (2000), ISSN 1605-7422, ISBN 0-8194-3597-X
Joerg Riesmeier, Marco Eichelberg, Klaus Kleber, Dietrich H. W. Groenemeyer, Herman Oosterwijk, Peter Jensch:
DICOM image display consistency: a test environment
in: Medical Imaging 2001: PACS and Integrated Medical Information Systems: Design and Evaluation, Eliot L. Siegel, H. K. Huang, Editors, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 4323, pp. 47-56 (2001), ISBN 0-8194-4009-4
- Applications publications
- Other information
- DICOM, visualization
- Linux, SunOS, UNIX, Windows
- IATR listing last updated
- 15 Jun 2007
There are no user reviews for this tool.