- Atrophy Simulation Package
- SBIA Radiology, University of Pennsylvania
- This software package is used to simulate brain images with local growth/atrophy within a prescribed spherical region. Specifically, given an input image and its segmented image, the location of the center of the spherical region, and the radius of that sphere, it simulates new images that have tissue growth or shrinkage within that pre-specified brain region according to given rates (atrophy for rates less than one and growth for rates greater than one). The algorithm uses an iterative procedure that tries to achieve the given level of volumetric change for brain tissues within the region, by seeking a smooth deformation field, whose Jacobian determinants match the prescribed volume change rate within the region. Note that in the current software, the simulation of growth or atrophy for brain tissue requires that the input spherical region has to cover some CSF or background regions.
- NIfTI-1 support
- Zhong Xue, Dinggang Shen, Bilge Karacali, Joshua Stern, David Rottenberg, and Christos Davatzikos
- How to get
- Visit: https://www.rad.upenn.edu/sbia/
- Current version
- Current version release date
- Open source
- Available free of charge
- Technical publications
-  B. Karacali and C. Davatzikos, Estimating Topology Preserving and Smooth Displacement Fields, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 23, pp. 868-880, 2004.
 B. Karacali and C. Davatzikos, Simulation of tissue atrophy using a topology preserving transformation model, IEEE TMI, in press 2006.
 Zhong Xue, Dinggang Shen, Bilge Karacali, Joshua Stern, David Rottenberg, and Christos Davatzikos, Simulating Deformations of MR Brain Images for Validation of Atlas-based Segmentation and Registration Algorithms, submitted, 2005.
- Applications publications
- Other information
- IATR listing last updated
- 24 Mar 2006
There are no user reviews for this tool.