This tool supports
- LONI ICE
- Generates seed points for image processing applications
- Medical images of human body parts normally look quite similar. For example, MRI brain scans of adult subjects are commonly centered and contain similarly-shaped structures in predictable locations. Many image segmentation applications (e.g., active contours) are sensitive to how they are initialized; the structures they segment are dependent upon where in image space they are started from. LONI ICE allows users to train it to locate user-selected points in medical images within well-defined precisions. These seed points can then be used to initialize other image processing applications.
LONI ICE is a Java application that generates seed points for other image processing applications. ICE stands for It's Close Enuf and implies that the seed points it generates are close enough to be useful. Figuratively, it's similar to taking a thick magic marker, making a splotch on an image, and saying that a point of interest is somewhere inside that spot.
- NIfTI-1 support
- Uses NIFTI as it's primary file format. Provides conversions from other file formats to NIFTI.
- Scott C Neu
- Available to the research community free of charge.
- How to get
- Download from above HTTP link.
- Current version
- Current version release date
- November 1, 2006
- Open source
- Available free of charge
- Java 1.4.2 or higher. 500 Mb of RAM recommended.
- Technical publications
- Applications publications
- Other information
- # Learns how to find anatomical point landmarks
# No run-time parameters to tune
# GUI for viewing image data
# Support for many common image file formats
- NIfTI-1 support, registration, seed point, segmentation, surface analysis, visualization, volume
- Java, Linux, MacOS, SunOS, UNIX, Windows
- IATR listing last updated
- 17 Nov 2006
There are no user reviews for this tool.