- Stereo Investigator
- Stereology System for brightfield, fluorescence and confocal microscopy
- Stereo Investigator ® offers the most comprehensive implementation of unbiased stereology methods available, featuring the optical fractionator.
Obtain efficient, precise, unbiased, and reliable estimates of the number and morphometric properties of biological structures.
Stereo Investigator's wide array of features allows you to work directly with light and confocal microscopes, and with files from electron microscopes and scanning tomographic instruments.
- NIfTI-1 support
- MBF Bioscience (MicroBrightField Inc.)
- MBF Bioscience
- How to get
- Contact MBF (tel. 802-299-9290) USA
- Current version
- Current version release date
- June 2007
- Open source
- Available free of charge
- PC Pentium ® 4 processor (or AMD processor with similar benchmarks) Microsoft Windows ® XP or 2000 256 MB RAM 40GB Hard drive
- Technical publications
- For a complete list of publications citing Stereo Investigator, please click here: Stereo Investigator bibliography
- Applications publications
- Stereo Investigator bibliography
- Other information
- The versatility of Stereo Investigator allows you to tailor a system to fit your exact research needs and budget. Stereo Investigator is designed to operate on a wide variety of microscope instrumentation and PC components commonly used in laboratories. Use any illumination technique including: brightfield, darkfield, phase contrast, and epifluorescence.
A typical Stereo Investigator system is composed of the following components:
- Stereo Investigator software
- Video or digital camera with frame grabber and/or Lucivid
- Motorized microscope stage and focus encoder
- PC computer system.
Stereo Investigator’s productivity and efficiency is optimized when a three-axis motor driven microscope stage is used. The software automatically maintains the registration of the graphics overlay with the microscope image when the stage is moved beyond the current field of view. This feature ensures the fastest and most accurate data acquisition from objects that extend beyond a single field of view. Focus encoders may also be used to obtain true closed-loop operation.
- abercrombie, area fraction, brightfield, cavalieri, cell count, cell counting, confocal microscopy, counting, counting frame, disector, fluorescence, fractionator, gundersen, length, mbf, mbf bioscience, microbrightfield, microscope imaging, microscopy, neuroanatomical, neuroscience, optical disector, optical fractionator, physical disector, registration, segmentation, stereoinvestigator, stereo investigator, stereological, stereology, surface area, volume
- Vista, Windows
- IATR listing last updated
- 15 Jun 2007
There are no user reviews for this tool.