This tool supports
- LONI Inspector
- The LONI Inspector is an application for displaying, searching, comparing, and exporting metadata.
The LONI Inspector is an application for examining medical image files. Unlike most image viewers, the Inspector focuses on reading, displaying, searching, comparing, and exporting "metadata." The term “metadata” refers to data that describes the image data in a file. For example, metadata can be the patient name, the model of scanner on which the subject was scanned, the date on which the scan occurred, and the width and height of the image. Knowledge of metadata can be very important in understanding the imaging protocol and in protecting patient privacy since Federal regulation prohibits the exchange of image files that contain patient-identifying information.
There are many different types of medical image file formats, and the amount and type of information stored in these files varies depending upon the file format type and file creator. Unlike simpler file formats (GIF, JPEG), there is often a large amount of metadata (subject name, date of birth, scanner protocol) stored with the image data. The Inspector provides a single interface for viewing both metadata and image data in many common medical image file formats (AFNI, ANALYZE, DICOM, ECAT, GE, Interfile, MINC, NIFTI), searching files for keywords, comparing files for differences, and exporting metadata into XML and CSV files.
- NIfTI-1 support
- The LONI Inspector supports the reading and exporting of NIFTI metadata.
- Seita Yamashita, Scott C. Neu, and Karen Crawford
- Available to the research community free of charge.
- How to get
- Download from the above HTTP link.
- Current version
- Current version release date
- June 22, 2007
- Open source
- Available free of charge
- Java 1.5 or above.
- Technical publications
- Applications publications
- Other information
- NIfTI-1 support, visualization
- IATR listing last updated
- 02 Jul 2007
There are no user reviews for this tool.